What’s KICKSTART | TĪMATA all about?
This is just like it sounds. We are asking YES students to come prepared with some rough ideas on areas of interest for their business ideas. We will take them through a process where they will challenge their thinking and begin to put together a picture of what their product or service will be – along with how this provides value to the customer.
Teams will be expected to have one of two major outcomes at the end of the session:
- begun a draft model of their business idea
- explored the areas of interest and understand the process of how to ideate an idea (because their idea(s) explored at KickStart may not end up viable).
Either way, YES Companies will not be at a point to pitch an idea, articulate a business model, but will need to really think about the worth of their product or service. This is where the role of mentors is crucial:
Values Mentors bring to YES teams
Having someone provide an external perspective is important in a number of ways to:
- helps teams stay on track
- ensure they always consider alternative options
- assists teams to stay neutral when validating their ideas
- allows YES Companies to test ideas on the fly and gain perspective
Here is how you will be involved as a mentor:
- Pair with a YES team to help guide their idea and innovation process.
- Ensure the team considers the merit of their product/service and the value this has to their potential target market (ie: does it solve a need or cater to a want of the customer)
- Help the team begin market research, validation and questions for feedback on their idea.
- Provide feedback and advice in the form of coaching on the team’s product/service ideas.
KICKSTART dates and times
|East Auckland - Vodafone Events Centre||Feb 19 (10.30am - 12.30pm)|
|South Auckland - Vodafone Events Centre||Feb 20 (10.30am - 12.30pm)|
|Central Auckland - AUT City Campus||Feb 21 Session 1: (10.00am - 12.00pm)|
|Feb 21 Session 2: (1.30pm - 3.30pm)|
|West Auckland - Unitec Auckland Campus||Feb 22 (10.30am - 12.30pm)|
|North Auckland - Massey University, Albany||Feb 23 (10.30am - 12.30pm)|