As previously advised the Solomon Islands Virtual Trade Mission will now be held in March 2021.
Given the level of interest received last year the NZPBC, in collaboration with MFAT, NZTE and PTI (NZ) have agreed to progress this work with urgency.
The objectives of the Virtual Trade Mission include
- to establish communication with industry leaders in the Solomon Islands
- gain an understanding of the business enabling environment including regulations that support doing business and
- foreign direct investment opportunities
The event will be designed to replicate in- person mission experience and will cover topics such as:
- Economic update
- Conducting business in the Solomon Islands
- Understanding the main sectors of the Solomon Islands economy
- Understanding local capabilities
- Plus, some in-depth conversations into particular sectors and issues, and case studies
Break-out sessions will be included to give participants the opportunity to have more targeted discussions in smaller groups; establish connections and plan future collaboration.
We are now in a position to offer this mission at no cost to members thanks to sponsorship received.
Why and Who
This trade mission will be of interest to any organisation/company looking to develop new business opportunities or looking to re-engage with the Solomon Islands, and equally to Solomon Island businesses who are seeking to forge relationships into New Zealand.
To ensure that there is limited disruption to your working day the mission will cover 3 half days.
The dates proposed are March 2nd - 4th.
- Day 1 11.00am - 2.00pm
- Day 2 11.00am - 2.00pm
- Day 3 2.00pm - 5.00pm
The final session on Day 3 will have the option of attending in person (in Auckland) and concluding with networking and drinks.
Registration / Expression of Interest
To get this in your diary and to confirm your place we suggest that you register now.
If you require more information and/or cannot confirm at this time please click on the link to register your interest.
If there is a particular area of interest we would like to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org