The New Zealand Samoa Trade & Investment Commission was established in February 2011 by a decision of the government of Samoa with the key objective of facilitating, strengthening and increasing the flow of trade and investment between New Zealand and Samoa.
The vision of the National Export Strategy of Samoa (2008 – 2012) is for: “The export sector to be a major contributor to sustainable economic growth” To achieve this vision, Samoa has targeted five main sectors for improving export performance. These include: fisheries, manufacturing, agriculture, tourism and services. Through the work programme of the Commission the expectation is for much improved balance of trade between the two countries concerned and ultimately sustained economic growth and prosperity for the communities of both countries.
The Commission’s membership will be drawn from all sectors of the New Zealand economy and cover large scale corporations, SME’s, government agencies and individuals.
“To facilitate mutually beneficial two-way trade between New Zealand and Samoa including the flow of direct foreign investment.”
Why join the Commission?
As a valued member of the Commission you will benefit in the following ways:
- Rapid access to information regarding business opportunities and introduction to key players responsible for trade and investment matters in Samoa
- To be part of an increasing network of trade and investment minded people in both Samoa and New Zealand
- Receive updates on a regular basis regarding trade developments and other issues from Samoa including outcome of any trade and investment missions.
- Opportunity to meet with political and business leaders visiting New Zealand from Samoa
- Access to the Samoa High Commission and Consulate General Office for assistance regards letter of introduction, facilitating trade missions and visits.
- Contribute to practical research activities in the area of trade and relating issues
- Receive informed advice on the latest opportunities available for investment in Samoa
The Commission will facilitate easy and speedy access to information and key players necessary for doing effective business in Samoa and is also fully aware of the importance of collaborative efforts in realising business opportunities in New Zealand.