Managing Performance - The Annual Appraisal and Beyond
Is the annual appraisal the only time you manage the performance of your team or should it form part of a bigger, more cohesive performance plan? The answer should be a resounding ‘yes it should!’
Learn what to consider when undertaking an appraisal process and how to embed ongoing performance management within your business.
The annual appraisal can be dreaded for employer and employee alike, learn how to make ongoing performance management part of your culture of high performance and open communication.
Our session covers:
- The performance management framework
- The link between job descriptions, KPIs, individual career development and ongoing performance management
- The difference between performance management and performance improvement frameworks
- Conducting an effective appraisal and performance development review
- How to encourage honest feedback from your employees, providing constructive feedback and methods for regularly recording/monitoring progress
Facilitator: Alicia Meyer, Senior HR Consultant
After beginning my career as a Personal Assistant, I took the opportunity to combine my administrative skills with my passion for people, and my career in HR began. With a National Diploma in Human Resource Management and 7 years’ experience in HR and recruitment, I’ve enjoyed building up a breadth of knowledge working in a number of medium to large organisations in New Zealand. I was drawn to the POD philosophy and am excited to be part of a positive, results-focused culture.