Absenteeism can be a complex issue to manage, and has a real impact for business and the team around the person or people who are away often. This seminar will cover options to deal with absenteeism and provide insight into what action an employer can take.
Topics covered will include
- How to manage authorised leave – it may be in the agreement, but there is a line
- The cultural conundrum – constraints and conversations around culture and religion
- Repeated absenteeism – why it could be worth addressing
- Suspicious repeat excuses- the habits, the reality and how to deal with continual intermittent absenteeism
- Long term absenteeism and medical incapacity – when can the employer say “enough”.
This webinar is free to join. The webinar is made up of 45mins presentation and 15mins Q&A. Once booked a link to the webinar will be sent to you on Wednesday 19 August. There will be an opportunity to submit questions during the webinar.
About Copeland Ashcroft Law
Provides specialist advice, representation and support across the full ambit of employment and health and safety law, to businesses throughout New Zealand, with offices throughout the country.
About Kate Ashcroft
Kate is an employment and health and safety lawyer. She has specialised in these areas throughout her career, and is passionate about providing commercially pragmatic, tailored solutions to client issues. She is recognised by the international legal directory Asia Law as a "Leading Lawyer" in New Zealand. She regularly presents at conferences on employment and health and safety issues. Kate acts for employers across a range of industries, giving strategic, compliance and best practice advice on non-contentious matters as well as providing representation in disputes.