Accounting for Non-Accountants
Now is the time to refresh your accounting knowledge!
Gain confidence through understanding the principles of accounting that are needed to be successful in your role or to manage your business.
This workshop provides participants with a general understanding of accounting focusing on core concepts and skills. You will obtain skills to interpret financial statements, undertake financial analysis, cash flow, budgeting and forecasting techniques.
You will gain the tools to:
- Understand accounting under different business structures (company, partnership, sole trader).
- Understand, analyse and interpret a balance sheet, your income statement and cash flow statement.
- Forecast business revenues and expenses.
- Analyse the profitability and efficiency of your business.
- Have better conversations with others about business performance.
Who should attend this course?
- Business owners.
- Those looking to start a business for the first time.
- Assistant accountants or those in a business support role.
Learn accounting basics from an expert trainer.
Daniel Hunt is a highly qualified Chartered Accountant. He has been a University Lecturer and runs his own training and accountancy practice. He has over 10 years’ experience advising on accounting, taxation and business issues and presents at organisations both in New Zealand and internationally. He has been the Deputy Chair of the Branch Committee of NZICA (New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants). He was also a writer for the Chartered Accountants Program which is now delivered to approximately 4,000 aspiring Chartered Accountants in both New Zealand and Australia.