Complying with the new Health & Safety laws after 4 April 2016
Since May, the Chamber hosted two health and safety seminars which sold out quickly. If reviews are anything to go by, members said the new law is not a scary monster. To hear more from our panel of experts, click the button on the right to watch short videos.
The latest – quick tips from our expert Health and Safety panel
At the second Health and Safety seminar in July, our panel summarised “key advice” for businesses. In short:
- Linda Wilson, Worksafe NZ: “Monitor and manage your risks so you can prevent harm”
- Peter Kiely, Kiely Thompson Caisley: “It’s not business as usual. It’s time to do things differently.”
- Sarah Neville, Ellis Gould: “It’s about continuous improvement. Make sure to monitor and review your practices.”
For any advice on how to work with the new Health and Safety laws, call our Business Advisor for complimentary guidance on 0800 24 26 23.
Try our user friendly Health and Safety Essentials Guide including:
- General information and important definitions
- Templates for policies, hazards and notifiable situations
- Important links for further information
To request our Essential Health and Safety Guide
If you are not a Chamber Member but would like to find out more, please complete the details in the contact box and someone will contact you: