15 May 2020
1 May 2020
28 April 2020
17 April 2020
8 April 2020
1 April 2020
31 March 2020
26 March 2020
24 March 2020
23 March 2020
21 March 2020
17 March 2020
This afternoon, the Government has stepped up and indicated their willingness to work with those businesses who are affected by COVID-19.
You can now seek assistance in way of a wage subsidy or leave payment. Find out more HERE.
9 March 2020
The recent outbreak of COVID-19, or more commonly referred to as coronavirus, has hit some businesses hard and could have a long-term negative impact on their wellbeing.
The Government has a number of their agencies who may be able to assist business and we appreciate that if you are having difficulty you may not know which Government department you should contact for support.
Talk to us and we will offer advice as to who may be best to support you. The support you need may include:
- Cash flow support (perhaps bank assistance)
- Tax relief
- Managing employee numbers (full time to part)
- Employee assistance
- Exporter support
- Tourism operator assistance
We have relationships with Government and can assist you to get the help that you may require for your business. So please don’t hesitate to register your interest with us, by completing the form above or by contacting us below.
General Business Assistance
Our regular assistance line 0800 CHAMBER (0800 242 6237) is available for all queries.
We are offering a FREE business mentor for the next three months. Call 0800 543 543 to find out more.
Wage Subsidy Assistance
Find out more HERE
- Employers apply HERE
- Self-employed workers apply HERE
- Large companies with 100 employees or more, apply HERE
Watch this video HERE from the Chamber
If you have further questions on the application process or have been rejected in your application, you can contact us for advice on 0800 543 543
Export Documentation Service
- Auckland Business Chamber electronic certifying service and exporter support advisory services: business as usual
- Wet-stamped service reduced hours for courier pick-up and delivery until further notice: 10am - 3pm
- For queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 309 6100
These resources will assist in accessing information and support you while navigating this challenge.
- Radio New Zealand
- What is the Chamber’s response to COVID-19?
- Official COVID-19 website
- What are employers’ legal obligations in managing the impact of coronavirus on employees?
- Safe Travel
- Ministry of Health
- Chamber Comment and Advice
- MBIE: Advice for employers, landlords including tax relief
- NZTE: Advice for exporters
- Tourism New Zealand: Support for the Tourism Sector
- New Zealand Customs: Border controls for goods and travellers