Tech Lab 1: Get Started
The Tech Lab Series are a variety of innovative courses for people in business who are wanting to gain practical understanding of how technology can be an easy tool to benefit business. These courses will help you feel confident with technology and connect you with services that can help you save money and time.
The Internet never sleeps, and every portal you offer online gives your business a virtual 24-hour showroom. This allows potential customers to research your product or service after business hours, and in the privacy of their own home. If you are in business this allows for 24-hour presence to capture a sale as soon as a customer is interested, as opposed to waiting for your business hours, by which time the potential customer may have found someone else.
Professionalise your online profile, the first in the Tech Lab Series, will set you up with a strong understanding and practical knowledge of technology available while providing you with all the tools you need.
The participant will…
- Setup a domain name and set up their email system
- Build and set up your own website
- Use a cloud based double sided platform to get design tasks done
- Create a google form and add it to a website
- Set up a Facebook Ad for their business and remarketing on their website
- Set up a Google Ad word and remarketing on their website
The participant will learn…
- What is SaaS
- What is Cloud
- The ARRR Model and industry tools used to measure its success
- The needs of the online customer journey from pre-sales -> ongoing support
- Online Marketing, remarketing methods
Who should attend this course?
- Business owners or managers
- Those looking to start a business for the first time
- Sole Traders
- Individuals who would like to gain skills and understanding in technology
- Job seekers wanting to add skillsets to their CV
What do I need?
- Basic to Good Understanding of EXCEL or completed EXCEL I
- Basic to Good Understanding of Computers
- Laptop (basic laptops available to hire via the Auckland Chamber of Commerce)
Each Tech Lab is limited to a small number of registrations so that each participant is able to get the best out of the workshop. Please see the individual modules to understand what each of the workshops cover.